Bruin Builders Careers
Bruin Builders is growing our team and we are on the hunt for a Supervisor/Leading Hand.
Position Qualification requirements:
- White Card
- Certificate III Carpentry
- QBCC Site Supervisors License
Essential – 3 years renovation industry
Desirable – 2 years managing a team
Personal Attributes for Success:
- Works well under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Pride in appearance
- Problem solving ability
- Demonstrate accountability for personal and group outcomes
- Willingness to go above and beyond what is expected
- Positive demeanour
- Strong passion for the building industry
- Ability to identify and mange risk
- Safety as a first priority
- Renovation knowledge
- Organizational skills
- People skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Measuring and Calculating skills
- Knowledge of National Construction Code 2019
- Knowledge of Building Regulations 2006
- Knowledge of Relevant Australian Standards
- Knowledge of QBCC Standards and Tolerances
The position requires the successful applicant to have a Car license and own vehicle.
The key role accountabilities include:
- Ensure project sites are safe and tidy at all times by (including but not limited to) keeping walkways and roadways clear and accessible, fall protection in place, rubbish cleared and council land free of debris and obstructions.
- Planning of project in line with schedule ensuring the critical path is followed – FORESIGHT
- Coordinating of trades to project site
- Ordering of correctly specified materials and quantities as per contract documentation
- Notifying Project Manager of any possible changes to schedule weekly
- Review docs at initial project handover, to ensure all relevant safety docs are accounted for and maintained throughout each project
- Upholding Bruin culture, standard, quality and practices on project sites
- Closely monitor all trades and Bruin team to ensure works are completed with care, attention to detail, with foresight and to the highest quality achievable
- Directing and guiding Bruin team members to tasks in line with individual ability and knowledge
- Application of the following – Building Act 1975, Building Regulations 2006, National Construction Code 2019, all relevant Australian Standards and QBCC Standards and Tolerances
- Defects are minimal to none
Building and Construction General On-Site Award
Above award hourly flat rate + Superannuation
If you are ready to join a supportive and successful team, get in touch with us today. We look forward to hearing from you!
What Our Clients Say
Geoff and his team were incredibly professional for our recent renovations. Geoff attended our property multiple times to answer questions and provide quotes. He was very responsive on both email and phone. His team left the site clean and tidy and were understanding of our children during the build. Geoff followed up at every step of the way. Would highly recommend him for your every need.
I cannot recommend Geoff and his team highly enough. At all times they were an absolute pleasure to deal with and the quality of their work is excellent. Bruin Builders worked seamlessly with our architect and their years of experience meant they were able to solve any problem and offer valuable advice when decisions were required.
Thanks Geoff and co, Jenny and I are very happy with the finished job and quality of workmanship.
Please thank the tradesmen, apprentices and sub-contractors who worked on our house for a job well done, and for their high standard of work. We have been complimented many times for a job well done by neighbours and people in our street who watched as the build progressed.
Thank you so much Todd and Geoff for your commitment and work ethic and to Laura and Olly for the most gorgeous lunch. This really is life changing for us and so appreciative to all involved.
JoAnne and I are absolutely thrilled with the job you have all done. We felt very comfortable with Geoff from the very first meeting. Thanks for the terrific job you’ve all done in making our home a pleasure to live in.
We had a large and fairly complex project, but Geoff and his team helped guide us all the way from the design stage to the finishing line. Geoff was great at identifying potential issues early enough so they didn’t become problems further down the track, he was also able to listen to what we wanted and managed to give us plenty of choices along the way. I was particularly impressed when I found that the whole Bruin team and contractors had the same attention to detail and high standards. I would definitely use Bruin builders again.
We have always found Geoff, his crew and subcontractors to be punctual, hard workers who have been delightful to work with. They handle any old house surprises with ease and thorough communication.